Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: First TDK Review is in...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    You say movies like that...like what exactly? Superhero movies? Batman Begins is nothing like any other superhero movie, its much more than that. Very well written, well directed with great performances. It's actually one of the more realistic action movies you'd ever see, more of an epic. Not much fantasy involved, the director created a world that could actually be happening.

    Thats why no one in Batman Begins or TDK has superpowers, you can think of it's villains more like terrorists than anything.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    Well seeing as I actually have a social life outside of my room I'm inclined to think not. Especially how everyone I know comments about how much you're online. Not just me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    So your social life consists of the ppl you know and yourself talking about me? hmmmmmm...

  4. #24
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    We like to think of an easy target as the best target.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    anyone going to buy Batman: Gotham Knight (or something like that) next week when it comes out. It ties Begins and TDK together. It is 6 short films together.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117563/

    click on the above link and check out the Video for Batman: Gotham Knight
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So your social life consists of the ppl you know and yourself talking about me? hmmmmmm... </div></div>

    I guess the honeymoon is over.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #28
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    Its friendly arguing because we were both pretty bored

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    That's how it starts.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: First TDK Review is in...

    I actually think TDK will break the record and probably break it fairly easily. It was a possible, before the passing of Ledger, now it will have those interested due to morbid-curiosity, trying to determine was he 'too into character', etc. The reason that it is being viewed to do so well is the same reason that Spiderman 2 was when it came out.

    The first movie came out, there was a lot of interest and people who liked it. Then over time, when it came out on DVD, there was people who really have no interest in 'that type of movie' who watched it and realized it was well done, had a story, wasn't just special effects, that the characters weren't flimsy but were developed and had more to them than just being a hero. That is why when the second Spiderman came out, the numbers were through the roof. That and it looked really good. You actually hurt yourself with the end of Spiderman 2, which is why Spidey 3 didn't open as well (you lost that core audience who didn't want the spidey reveal so to speak). Now then with Batman, the first movie was great, extremely interesting and well acted. You had people who liked it when they watched it on DVD, so the audience has increased, you gave a good tease at the end of the first movie, and then you had your villan be played by someone unexpected, then that person died. It's set up for a huge opening and early reviews are that it matches the first or exceeds it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •